Tuesday, February 15, 2011

simplified

With our new adventure comes an opportunity to purge unnecessary items and overall simplify our lives. I've had a few hoarder moments, but overall I have been able to let go of several things that I had been hanging on to for just the right time. It was causing me to always hope for something else, mostly a larger house so that I could get all the stuff out of storage and use it. It is time to live in the present. We will be living in an 1100 square foot two-bedroom apartment with little to no storage space. I intend to only take what will fit and not spend countless dollars on storage units for an endless period of time in the hope that someday I can use that proverbial sewing machine, when to be honest I don't even know how to sew. I've purged an estimated 1/4 of my shoe collection (yes.people.SHOES.), several bags of clothes, books, movies, CD jewel cases, computers, housewares, furniture, and more. With every item I pack, I ask myself "do we need it?" and if so, "where will it go?" I am trying to focus less on stuff and more on the the things that matter to me - my family and a clean house! Perhaps the simple life is within reach. We'll see when we get there.

No comments: