Sunday, February 27, 2011

my new home by carl rove

It was a long long drive to get here. Even though Mom cleared out the back seat of her vehicle for me, I insisted on curling up in the front seat for many many hours of driving each day. It was a bit uncomfortable. Luckily, I got to sleep in three hotels, which means that I got to sleep in a real bed!

Well, now were here and I think this is really my new home. I'm kind of nervous about this new place. I'm pacing around and following Mom everywhere. It's going to take a little while to get used to it. I've even gone on a hunger strike. Dad gave me a bagel with cream cheese and some corn just so I would eat something. Maybe I'll keep this hunger strike thing going to see what other delicious food I can get. 

Mom and Dad don't just open the door and let me run around anymore and there is NO SNOW! It's weird having to be on the leash all the time again. There is a dog park for me at this place though and Mom has taken me there to play every day. I haven't met any new puppy friends yet, but Mom bought me a Chuckit and so she's been throwing the tennis ball for me. I love to chase the tennis ball! Yesterday, I was so excited I accidentally peed on the tennis ball so I didn't really want to put it back in my mouth. Yuck. Dad had to throw it in the garbage and get a new one. I will try to remember not to do that again.

Once Mom and Dad get all these boxes unpacked, I'm hoping that they will have some more time to take me and Baby J out exploring. I think there are a bunch of other dog parks for me to explore and I'd like to do some hiking too. For now I guess I'll just lay down by Mom's feet and try to settle down. It doesn't look like she is going to take me out again until she goes to bed. I sure wish I could remember where I put my Kong. Oh well. Mom will probably find it for me later.

1 comment:

Wild Reed said...

awww, so sweet. Lucky Carl, getting to go to the dog parks and chase balls with the Chuckit! We miss you Carl.