Sunday, January 2, 2011

working on my fitness

I didn't exercise as much as I thought I would during my pregnancy. I started out running/walking and using the Summer Sanders' prenatal workout DVD. I quit running in July due to bouncing baby bump and by the end of it all I was barely walking let alone doing squats with Summer Sanders. It took me several weeks to recover from the miracle of birth, but in the last three weeks I've finally felt good enough to run.

Running in Duluth in the winter is a new experience for me. Temperatures below freezing and sidewalks covered in snow are a little bit of deterrent for me, but everyday when I think it is too cold to go out running I see people trucking along on the slippery sidewalks. I've only been out twice to run so far, but I'm determined to toughen up and get out there more!

No comments: