Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year

I can't remember the last time we went out for New Year's Eve. Oh wait. Yes, yes I can. It involved yakking in a taxi on the way home from Chambers, at least that is what I'm told. See? I don't really remember remember it.

For the past three New Year's Eves we've progressively scaled down the festivities. It went from a fairly family-oriented house party in the 'burbs to staying home with the new puppy, to going to sleep at 11:00 p.m. and waking up at midnight to ring in the new year attached to a breast pump. We said goodbye to 2010 with a marathon of The Office and a bottle of Veuve. And you know what? I couldn't have been happier. Husband and I have been blessed with the best (and cutest) dog in the world as well as the cutest (and best) baby. Bring on 2011!

No comments: