Tuesday, January 28, 2020

seasons of love

I celebrated another five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes of Nina B for several days this January, and really I don't think we could have done it up any better.

Thank you for this one, Meredith!
It started with Saved By the 90s, where I resurrected the navel piercing I got spring break my senior year in college when my dad gave me a few hundred bucks and told me to get myself something nice. He wasn't really that impressed, but in true Dr. B fashion, didn't say much. LOL. I also channeled my best Gwen Stefani because what can I say, she's a badass! Hollaback Girl! Anyway, this was such. a fun. night. There was chicken and waffles, PBR tall boys, late-ish night pizza, falling asleep on the sofa and finding popcorn stuck to your back upon awaking ... always a sign of a good night. Thank you to my faithful neighbors and Tana and JT for humoring me.




 

My birthday was on Friday so I got BFF happy hour. What better way to celebrate your 29th Birthday than with your 110-lb besties. Cards, gifts, plenty of laughs, a cocktail or two, plus Tana and I coincidentally each brought a bag of beauty products we were looking to offload, so everyone got a little something and my bathroom got a little bit neater. WIN WIN.



Saturday I managed to convince a small group of friends to run the TBF IPA Trail Run. I had a blast. We ran, we popped bottles in the parking lot, some of us won things, we ate delicious treats, there was personalized Nina B race swag, more gifts ... what more could a girl want than to be surrounded by people she loves doing the thing she loves. It was especially meaningful because I know a lot of those folks are training for big races with big training plans and yet they still made it a priority to run with me that day. Thank you, to the best running club in town.







After running, I got home just in time to meet up with my family after J1's soccer games. There were more presents and then we had lunch and headed to the mall to use up my birthday coupons, which is one of my favorite things every year ... particularly the free Sephora birthday gift. After shopping, Gus picked up my favorite fruit tart and the Js wished me a happy birthday! I couldn't ask for a better day with the family.


And just when you thought my birthday was over, the lovely Cindy K. showered me with even more birthday gifts, including my new favorite water bottle!


My heart is full. so. so. full. A year in the life of Nina B is measured in daylights, in sunsets, in midnights, in cups of coffee, in inches, in miles, in laughter, in strife. But most importantly, it is measured in love. Seasons of love. Thank you to each and everyone of you for the place you have in my life. The next five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes would not be the same without you.

No comments: