Saturday, October 8, 2011

look ma!

Dear Mom,
Tomorrow will mark 10 years since you've been gone. I miss you. We all do. I know I say this every year, but it is still true. Baby J will be one year old on the same day. I'm so sorry you haven't met her. She is wonderful. I hope that I am half the mom to her that you were to me. And if I am, then it is because of you.

One of my favorite memories of you is how special you made each and every birthday. I loved walking into the house after school with my friends. You would always decorate the house and you always did such a good job with my birthday cake. I remember some of the early parties where if I was going to invite one boy than I was required to invite two. This was obviously a good rule since clearly Kirky and Kyle are having a good time.


So as I began thinking about Baby J's first birthday, I knew that I had some big shoes to fill when it came to birthday parties. And while I won't be quitting my day job, I think this is a birthday cake that you'll be proud of.


It's not winning any awards, but it has clearly been made with love.

Mom, you continue to inspire me every day. I love you. Please continue to watch over Baby J as she grows up. I will always remind her what a special angel she has watching over her from heaven and we will continue the tradition of excellent birthday parties!

Love,
Nina

No comments: