Sunday, October 9, 2011

happy birthday dear baby j


Dear Baby J,
Happy happy birthday sweet little girl! I cannot believe you are already 1! This past year has been THE hardest and the most transformative year of my life. I never understood the love between a parent and a child, until I did. You are the most wonderful daughter that any mom could ask for and I am so blessed that you are mine. We have now been a family for one whole year!

One year ago today, your Dad and I were in the hospital. I was so scared and excited. I remembered hugging your Dad and telling him, we're going to have a baby today. I couldn't wait to see you! And when I finally did, you.were.perfect. Not gonna lie, the first several weeks and months were hard. I often felt guilty because despite how much I loved you, I was just so tired and all I wanted to do was sleep. I didn't embrace middle of the night feedings and I wasn't the mom who bounced right back, ready and eager to meet your every need. It took me awhile to adjust and to heal and to overcome the sheer exhaustion and physical trauma that was your birth.

These days we've pretty much got it down though haven't we? Even after the longest day of work, I am so excited to see you. When you hear my voice as I walk into the door to the daycare, you turn your head and your face lights up into the best little smile. You used to crawl straight toward me, but now you stand up and walk! I look forward to giving you a hug and taking you home every day. With your Dad's new job, for the most, it's just you and me in the evenings. We do dinner, bath time, and bedtime every night - just mommy and baby. It's our special time together and I love it.

You're sleeping now after a big day at the zoo, presents, and cake. I hope you are having sweet dreams and that you know how many people love you!


Mommy and Daddy love you so very much and we wish you many more happy happy birthdays!

Love,
Mom

No comments: