Tuesday, October 25, 2011

i have the measles and the mumps, a gash, a rash, and purple bumps

It's been a heck of a week at the Chunglund household, but we are on the mend. Little Miss J wasn't feeling well last week. On Thursday I stayed home from work to take her to the doctor. It turned out that she had hand food and mouth disease and there wasn't much to do except try to keep her comfortable. Her little throat was so red and had little blisters. Damn daycare! I felt so badly for her.

Friday she had perked up a bit so we went to the park and then dressed up in her insanely cute Halloween costume to do a little trick or treating at a YMCA event with some of our mom and baby friends. Saturday she lasted all of 15 minutes at library storytime and wasn't very playful at her play group. Sunday we had our holiday photo session in the a.m. Little Miss J did OK, but she wasn't her usual smiley self. Be prepared for the serious faces on the Chunglund holiday card this year. We then laid low the rest of Sunday.

By Sunday, my throat was so sore that I couldn't eat or drink. I hadn't slept well for the past two nights because my throat had been so sore. I went to urgent care on Monday to find out that I had strep. After a shot of antibiotics and another shot of steroids, I can finally swallow and am starting to feel like a million bucks. BTW, those shots freakin' hurt. I had no idea. I couldn't walk for a good hour after I had them. Good thing Mr. Chunglund was there to drive me!

Little Miss J went back to daycare (a new one) on Monday and I will be back at the office tomorrow. So things are looking up for this coming weekend!

No comments: