Tuesday, June 27, 2017

THIS


THIS. 

Among other things that shall remain nameless THIS is why a little over a year ago I needed to find a new job. One that didn't have me living out of a suitcase in a hotel. One that didn't have me leaving on a Sunday evening so that I could be in SoCal in time for a Monday morning meeting. One that assured me that I could do THIS nearly every single night. At the point I finally quit my consultant job, I had gotten to the point where the travel was just going to get more rather than less frequent---which meant good things for me career-wise, but left much to be desired family-wise.

The photo was taken probably only a few short days or weeks before I was offered a job that met all the above criteria. A job that I hesitated applying for because I knew I was likely the non-traditional candidate. A job that I hesitated to get my hopes up for in fear of impending disappointment. A job I found myself wanting more and more with each passing hurdle that I crossed---interview, reference checks, etc.

To be completely honest, in light of the countless number of jobs I have had, this one has felt like the best fit by far, not only for me, but also for my family.

I am grateful for the opportunity to have THIS to come home to.






No comments: