Thursday, June 15, 2017

hidden falls

I'm not saying I love hiking or anything, but we do like staying active and summer seems like the perfect time to get outdoors. Yesterday, after waking early and dealing with only the things a parent neck deep in potty training can understand, I really just wanted to climb back in bed and pull the covers over my head---which admittedly I did until the respectable hour of 8 a.m. Then instead of going to church, we decided to eat some breakfast and hit the trail.

We headed to Hidden Falls, which was new to us. But not new to everyone else because that place was pretty crowded. The ranger mentioned we should try to get there before 8 a.m. next time. WHAT! But that would have ruined my hour of hiding under the covers!

We managed nearly 3 miles of hiking. They both insisted on wearing their own proton packs, I mean water packs. They became known by other hikers as the Ghostbusters.







And as a reward ... there was beer at Crooked Lane in Auburn. Not bad for a Sunday.


No comments: