Friday, December 9, 2016

four days

I have about three blog posts sitting in the queue that is my brain, and I need to get them on proverbial paper before year end to meet my goal.

We packed quite a bit into our four day Thanksgiving break and by Sunday evening I was feeling cozy and content that we had it all done.

Friday night we accepted an invite to the Shahs' Night Before Thanksgiving cocktail party. A perfect night of drinking and tri-tip and home by 11:00.


Another Run to Feed the Hungry in the books. One of my favorite Thanksgiving traditions. It's the largest Thanksgiving race in America, or so I'm told.





J2 was feeling a bit under the weather and had been coughing so hard that a few times he had thrown up. Gus is hoping that this was not going to be one of those times.


I got Christmas mostly up before we headed next door for a delicious Thanksgiving dinner wearing matching mother son outfits because that's how nauseatingly cute I like stuff. J1 also had her very first sleepover with a friend at our neighbor's house that night.


We ran a few Black Friday errands. Picked up some new phones for Gus's parents. Because it's not Christmas unless the Chunglunds are buying an iPhone or an iPad for someone.

Saturday, Gus took J1 up to Boreal for a ski day. I stayed home with J2. We did some knitting, watched some Christmas movies, and were all around really lazy according to my Fitbit.


Sunday was church and then ... Christmas lights! Last year was an epic fail so this year I wanted it done properly, which Gus is fully capable of doing when he chooses to do so.




Four days spending time with the people I love most was just the right way to start the holiday season. It's the most wonderful time of year!

No comments: