Wednesday, November 30, 2016

it's just lunch

My dear friend, Jenn, has set a goal to make it through her backlog of blog posts by the end of the year. I shall endeavor to do the same. This one is from a little lunch we had last summer. The reason I've been putting it off is because I keep forgetting to scan the menu and wine list---which is critical to this post. 


In an effort to "bond" the associates at my firm indulged in an over the top lunchtime meal at a little place called The French Laundry. Now, I have wanted to eat here for a loooong time---well before we ever moved anywhere remotely close to Napa. Since coming to Sacramento just over four years ago, I have often thought that if we're going to splurge and eat there, we should definitely do it now while we are within driving distance because if we ever move farther away I had sincere doubts that we were coming back just for a meal. And then, just like that, I landed a dream job with like minded people and we concocted a plan to pay a visit to a world renowned restaurant.

There's really not much more to say---so I will let the food do the talking.




Oysters and caviar. This might have been my favorite dish.


Six kinds of salt. WHAT!? Mind blown. Anyway, it was to accompany the foie gras but I was so enamored by the salt I forgot to take a picture of the foie. For shame.








This tops the list as the most indulgent experience in my life. And how does one NOT bond over a gluttony and spending an obscene amount of money on lunch. I mean, after sharing a meal that costs much much more than my paycheck, we should probably all be BFFs.


In all sincerity, I have landed at a truly good place to work. Which I can say with confidence because I have also worked at some challenging (note the use of euphemism) places. I am so grateful to be part of this firm.



No comments: