Monday, March 21, 2016

zucchini tortellini soup for the soul


There's chicken soup for the soul and then there's Kate's zucchini tortellini soup for the soul. A couple years ago, we did a little girls trip to NYC, and we sort of promised ourselves that we would do such things on the regular. This year, I thought it would be easier if I came to Minneapolis - since everyone else lives in Minnesota. 

These ladies have known me for the longest of all my friends and I'm comforted by the ease with which we slip in and out of each other's lives. We have each walked very different paths in spite of the commonality in our upbringing, and yet we continue to be friends supporting each other through joy, sadness, success and failure. These are not my "text every day, tell you every minute detail of my life" kind of friends. These are my "even if I don't talk to you for three years, you are still one of my closest friends," kind of friends. It's a special bond, not easily broken, that can withstand some neglect and continue to be an endless source of comfort. I find the fact that we can come together like this and pick up right where we left off speaks volumes for our friendship. 

We spent the weekend systematically working our way through just a few bottles of wine, bottomless mimosas, Top the Tater, and catching up. It was a most relaxing weekend, full of laughs, hundreds of dollars in change, lost keys, pungent odors, heated bathroom floors, sketchy hot tubs and foot burning pedis. 


toppin' that tater ...
selfies (literally) sipping on gin & juice
Seeing S twice in three months!
there was even SNOW!

the welcome wagon!
Thank you ladies for a wonderful weekend, and more importantly, for always being there for my whole entire life. Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more. 




No comments: