Monday, March 28, 2016

spring fever

With all the traveling during the week, our weekends have tended toward low key efforts this winter and it felt a bit like hibernation. Nothing wrong with just hanging around the house, but it just isn't the usual Chunglund breakneck pace. This past weekend we were out in full force though - egg hunts, date night, birthday party, and Easter.

Saturday morning we assembled a small group for the neighborhood Easter egg hunt, which is one of my favorite events. After living here nearly four years, we've come to recognize many neighborhood families from Little Miss J's t-ball coach, to her former dance instructor, my co-workers, and many others. These are the people in our neighborhood and it gives me such a great sense of community pride.

This was only J2's second egg hunt. He got to go with the 2 and under kids, so it was a little less baby hunger games and pretty cute. Little Miss J went with the older kids and there was pep talk on strategy given by her friend's parents. The big kid egg hunt was over in about 3 minutes.


pep talk from Miss Celine
Afterward we all sat around our backyard and let the kids play until it was time to head to the next event, which was a birthday party. Face painting, butterfly wings, games and crafts - Little Miss J had so much fun she fell asleep on the couch while the Chunglund boys got haircuts.




Saturday night, Gus and I went on a double date with another couple - dinner and a movie. Then came home and played Easter Bunny.

my little bunnies
Church, brunch with the in-laws, delicious dinner at the neighbor's, and J2 only hit the neighbor girl in the face once - a good time was had by all.

cakes for the littles
a restaurant worthy Easter menu
I only took a few food pictures, because at some point I became more invested in shoving food in my face that photo documenting it. The dinner was delicious. The conversation lively. And you know it's a success when someone says, "wow, that's a lot of alcohol on the table."

Karly set up an Easter egg hunt for Little Miss J and J2. J2 apparently showed his appreciation by hitting her in the face. Sorry, Karly! I displayed my utter lack of croquet skills and decided I should stick to drinking honey grapefruit vodka punch.

pretty in pink.
The people that we were able to share our weekend with have, over the past four years, become our family and I am so grateful to have each and every one of them in our lives. As much as I miss my family in Minnesota, we could not have fallen into a better support network here.

Spring has sprung and the Chunglunds are ready to play outside, ride some bikes, and enjoy the sunny weather.


No comments: