Saturday, February 22, 2014

tea for two

Little Miss J, princess that she is, loves a good tea party. I found a place close by that does high tea so made us a reservation for tea and scones this past Sunday. I typically pride myself on my amazing time management skills, but every once in awhile a 3 year old foils my plans and Sunday was one of those times. Managed to get Little Miss J a nap in the car, but our reservation wasn't until 3:00 p.m., and well she woke up at 1:30 p.m. So, here's to the staff at Dash of Panache (terrible name, IMHO) for seating us early!

Upon being seated we ordered our tea - Bubblegum for Little Miss J and Earl Grey for Umma, and then headed straight for the dress up closet. Here was her first take ...


Of course in typical 3 y.o. fashion, Look #1 didn't last long and we were back in the closet conjuring up Look #2.


Not my best look, but I was taking one for the team. We got tea, scones, cinnamon buns, and fruit.


Little Miss J was a fan of the fruit, the rest of it not so much. After a few sips of tea, I ended up putting water in her teacup.


Oh yeah, and after the tea came she had to go back and put on yet another outfit. Overall, I think the highlights were spending some special time with Umma and the dress up closet - the latter was probably more impressive for a three year old.

No comments: