Thursday, February 6, 2014

J2 x 4 months

 
Dear J2,
 
You are four months old! Today was your doctor's appointment and you weighed 16 lbs 1 oz and are 25.5 inches tall. These past four months have literally flown by. Seeing your little smile and hearing you laughing and "talking" bring me so much joy each and every single day. Going back to work and leaving you home has been much harder with you than it was with your sister. I see you sleeping so peacefully as I am about to walk out the door and all I want to do is scoop you up in my arms and crawl into bed with you for some snuggles. On the weekends, your Appah is good enough to leave you and I home for some mommy/son bonding, while he and Little Miss J have their adventures at the mall, the grocery store, skiing, ice skating, the park, etc. During those times, you and I usually cuddle up in bed and catch up on the DVR. I just really cannot get enough of you. You are baby crack, and I am addicted.
 
You remain a champion sleeper. The other night you set a personal best of 7 straight hours. Followed by the next night when you were up every three hours. Even during those middle of the night feedings, when I am bleary eyed and about to wish that you would go the f*#k back to sleep, you have the good sense to flash me one of your gummy little smiles to melt my heart.
 
You are rolling over both directions already and also doing such a good job of holding your little head up.
 
 
I was told that I would begin to learn what the different "cries" of my baby mean, and to be honest with Little Miss J I couldn't tell one from the other - which of course made me feel like a maternal failure at the time. Your cries, on the other hand, are easily distinguished. If you are hungry, you cry like you are being stabbed repeatedly with a sharp knife. If you want to be held, you fuss a bit, there's some grunting involved and lots of arm/leg waving. When you are tired, you actually cry when you are put down and then we pick you up and pat your back until you drift off to sleep.
 
You love it when we kiss your little hands, blow raspberries on your tummy, or pretend to eat your face - and we are rewarded with laughter and smiles. You definitely like to be where the action is. You sat contendedly in the Bumbo on the kitchen floor while Little Miss J and I made brownies. The other morning I put your bassinet in the kitchen with me while I prepped food for the work potluck. Since your nursery also doubles as my closet, you will sit in your crib and watch me while I organize my closet or find just the right outfit or pair of shoes. There are no words to adequately describe just how much we love and adore you. Gathering you up in my arms and hugging you tightly is just want I need after a stressful day, and it is often what I do first (well, after jumping up and down with Little Miss J while she screams, "mommy daddy you're home!"), upon my arrival home.
 
Love you forever and like you for always,
 
Umma
 
 
PS And some outtakes because I simply cannot get enough of your adorable little face!
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments: