Monday, February 10, 2014

birthday boy

 
We celebrated Gus's birthday last Tuesday. Little Miss J and I made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting to bring to work, which unfortunately meant that Little Miss J didn't get to eat said carrot cake. Needless to say, she was miffed and felt the need to remind me that "You have to share, Umma!" In my defense, I did share - just not with her.
 
For our at-home celebration I found a bakery that makes a cake similar to Gus's favorite cake form Jarosch Bakery with fresh strawberries and bananas and whipped cream frosting. And I also found an errand running business and managed to get the cake delivered so I would haven't to leave work to pick it up.
 

I picked up some party hats, party blowers, plates and napkins at the Dollar Store - and upon our arrival home we were greeted by Little Miss J all decked out for the party.


We tried to get a family photo, but in true Chunglund form we couldn't seem to get our sh*t together. I think this is as good as it gets.


Not gonna lie, my favorite part of this entire birthday celebration was one J2 decked out in a party hat chilling out.
 
 
 
 

No comments: