Wednesday, December 4, 2013

two months ago ...


Dear J2,

Two months ago, I had no idea how I could possibly love any kid more than your sister. We had a rocky start, and I will be the first to admit that she was what some might call an "acquired taste." But after the initial newborn stage, our relationship evened out and her little personality won my heart over.

You, on the other hand, came out of the proverbial gate being mommy's little sweetheart. I was so prepared to struggle through the first several sleep deprived weeks loving/hating life, but everything has been nearly perfect since your arrival. We spent 8 lovely lazy weeks hanging out - dressing up like skeletons, sushi, and wearing pacifiers with fake mustaches. You slept in the rock 'n play or the swing, allowing me to do laundry, make dinner, put up a Christmas tree, etc.

There is no blog post at your one month mark because frankly, you slept so much it was kind of boring. A few times I was tempted to wake you up so we could hang out. But in the last few weeks, you've started laughing, smiling, and playing with us. You are such a good little boy. At your two month check up you were 12 lbs 8 oz - exactly double your birth weight.

You are my unicorn baby - the mythical baby that sleeps and barely cries. If all babies were like you, I can almost see why people like them so much. You have single handedly restored my faith in newborns. Don't get me wrong, we aren't having another one. I'm not one to gamble. If you were thinking you'd be a big brother, you were mistaken. You will be the baby of the Chunglund family always. Happy two months J2!

love you to the moon and back,

Umma

No comments: