Monday, December 16, 2013

oh what fun!

I am exhausted. It's not as though our family was a well-oiled machine or anything, but we are definitely still adjusting to adding another human being. Between being buried in work and sleeping only 2-3 hours at a time, I have definitely had my better moments. The sleep deprivation is taking its toll on the magic of Christmas. With Christmas mere days away, I feel like I haven't done a very good job of giving Little Miss J the full Christmas experience. I can't even manage to keep up with an advent calendar.


This weekend, I made an attempt to redeem myself ...

Saturday we went to see the lights at the Folsom City Zoo Sanctuary. It is certainly no Bentleyville, but it was also a hell of a lot warmer than Duluth.


waiting in line for Santa
talking to the big guy
me and my girl
J2 came along for the ride and woke up briefly for a photo opp with Gus.


On Sunday, we baked cookies. Notice the sprinkle explosion ... this has been added to the nine circles of hell - so far it goes glitter and glue, gingerbread house making, and cookie decorating. It takes a lot of self-restraint on my part to not stifle the "creativity."
 

 

We also have presents wrapped and finally under the tree. The Chunglund Christmas is starting to come together.

No comments: