Monday, December 9, 2013

thanksgiving 2013

Better get this Thanksgiving recap in the books before Christmas rolls around. I finally got rid of pumpkins on my porch so my house no longer looks confused as to which holiday it is celebrating. We are full. on. Christmas. from here on out, people - and as much as I love Christmas we had a very lovely Thanksgiving holiday this year with the west coast Chungs (and Chunglunds).

Thanksgiving morning was our second annual Run (aka walk) to Feed the Hungry. I figure I earned me some pumpkin pie walking 3.2 miles with an extra 12 lbs strapped to my front.


Gus also earned his Thanksgiving dinner pulling an extra 100 lbs in the wagon.

 

After the 5K it was time to get dinner ready. Gus and I prepped the traditional Thanksgiving fare and I have to say I think it was the best Thanksgiving meal I have ever had, in part, because I made all my favorite sides. Gus is turkey was bomb too. I had been giving him a hard time because last year's turkey left something to be desired, but this one was delicious. Or "spectaculous" as Little Miss J likes to say.

Ben and Rosa and the family came over to Gus's parents house for dinner.

Playing with Uncle Ben

Cousin Alex holding J2
after 1st dinner comes 2nd dinner (Korean food)

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with good food and time spent with family - and of course my two favorite blessings ... J1 and J2.



No comments: