Thursday, September 19, 2013

oh what a beautiful morning!

As the weeks drag on, I'm become more and more reluctant to get out of bed and become slower and slower at getting ready making me later and later for work. This morning when I finally got up, I thought I'd try to get a few little projects I was too tired to do yesterday completed. Of course my little helper wanted to get involved so we ended up making pumpkins instead.


For some reason my pregnant brain thought that the glue stick would be the worst offender. She's been cutting with scissors on her own for months. What could possibly happen? So when we took a break so I could shower, I told her she could finish cutting out her pieces, but that she had to wait to glue them until I got back. While I was in the shower she was yelling about something, and Gus was in the dining room helping her. Apparently, during that time, Little Miss J asked whether scissors were used to cut hair. Gus, not thinking like a toddler holding scissors, told her yes, that's how people get their haircut. As he was walking down the hall to the bathroom, I crossed paths with him as I was returning to the dining room table to commence with the gluing. By the time I got there, all I heard was Little Miss J wailing, "My hair fall out!"

A self-inflicted haircut prior to 8 a.m. along with all the will power it took not to stifle my daughter's creative genius with her pumpkin and I'm exhausted already. Oh and when Gus asked if she cut her hair, at first she said, "no" before she confessed and then also confessed to cutting her dress. LOL. Looks like it's either Project Runway or Blowout for this kid!



No comments: