Tuesday, January 15, 2013

like umma

Last month I coaxed Little Miss J into her Christmas dress for breakfast with Santa by telling her it was red and she would be "like Umma" because I was wearing red pants. Since then, she will often say that she is doing something "like Umma or Appah." A couple of Fridays ago, I was wearing jeans to work and while we were picking out her clothes she surveys my outfits and picks out her jeans saying, "I wear these, like Umma." I take an unreasonable amount of pride in the fact that she wants to do something, like me. The fact that it also provides an avenue for me to get her to wear clothes that match does not escape me. But there is literally, nothing cuter than hearing her say she is doing something "like umma."

And because, according to Stacey, no blog post about Little Miss J is complete without a photo - here she is eating a banana popsicle that was promised to her if she put on her Dora underwear rather than a pull-up.

No comments: