Wednesday, January 9, 2013

happy new year

I love the new year. It's like a clean slate, and despite rarely ever keeping them I love New Year's resolutions or at least the thought of them. 2012 was a great year with a move to California, new jobs for both of us, and finding a cute little home in a great neighborhood with some absolutely awesome neighbors.

We rang in 2013 at home with a little Chunglund party complete with Gus's homemade Top the Tater and some crab dip, which was not as good as Auntie Sarah's. After seeing the picture below, my mother-in-law called Gus to make sure we didn't actually give Little Miss J wine because - well, you know, you aren't supposed to do that and she just wanted to make sure we knew this. LOL.


We suffered a bit of a setback in the early days of 2013, when at six weeks I suffered a miscarriage. Thankfully, I am feeling pretty good both emotionally and physically. Having a wonderfully supportive spouse definitely helped and we have added it to our list of crappy things we've been through and come out alive from.

I started a 21-day detox cleanse last week and have learned that brown rice pasta, Larabars, and raw cacao are all quite delicious. We joined a new gym, which is closer to our office and I've been trying to get my workout in at lunch. It's been a nice way to clear my head.

We are looking forward to a healthier, happier new year!

1 comment:

Scott, Nikki, Jacob and Nathan Sinclair said...

Love this pic Nina! Sorry to hear about the miscarriage :( Hope you continue to feel well both emotionally and physically - sounds like you are kicking butt!