Tuesday, October 9, 2012

there is no one alive that is youer than you



Happy Happy Birthday, Little Miss J! You are one of a kind. There is no one in this world like you. I cannot believe you are 2 years old today. We've come a long way, you and me. I think our love-hate relationship over the first six months (or more) of your life has finally evened out. Over the past year, I have become one of those moms who is basking in the glow of motherhood. We have arrived. I can definitively say that I feel like a competent parent. FINALLY.

One of my favorite things about this past year, which has only happened in probably the last 4 months or so, is that I am now able to recognize what song you are singing. You know all the words to Twinkle Twinkle and to ABC.

Your favorites include:

Favorite Food: Pretty much anything. It makes me a proud mama that you try everything that is put in front of you. Your favorite treats are those Annie's Bunny Gummy snacks and Pocky.

Favorite Toys: You received several new toys for your birthday that are quickly becoming your favorites, including Legos and a Lego table. Play dos (aka Play Doh) and balloom (aka ballons) are also big at our house.


Favorite Songs: Lollipop, Slippery Fish, Wheels on the Bus, Baby Bumblebee

Favorite Book: Little Monkey and the Potty book. In fact, I read them to you so often I actually think you have them memorized.

Favorite Show: Your favorite show to watch on the iPad is Max and Ruby. Your dad hates this show. Truth be told. I kind of do too. Ruby is kind of selfish, and Max is way smarter than Ruby - but I guess kids like it.

Favorite iPad App: Best Kids Songs. You love to dance along to the singing.

When we get home from daycare, the first thing you want to do is "OUTSIDE." You love playing with chalk, blowing bubbles, driving your car, and splashing in your water table.

I used to think it was weird when parents said their greatest accomplishment was their kids, but I've finally become one of those moms that LOVES being a mom, so I guess it makes sense that I'm one of those people whose child is their pride and joy. But literally, I MADE YOU and so far you are turning out to be a pretty awesome human being. That's something to be proud of. Go me (and Gus too).

Umma and Appah love you so very much. To the moon and back again.

Today you are you that is truer than true. There is no one alive that is youer than you! -Dr. Suess

1 comment:

Wild Reed said...

Beautiful! Makes me tear up a little. Happy Birthday, Juliet!