Tuesday, October 30, 2012

my juliet pumpkin

I knew that I wanted to decorate pumpkins, but with the very independent Little Miss J I didn't think carving was really going to be the correct option. We opted to go the Mr. Potato Head route. It was relatively non-messy and non-dangerous, which were two key elements. I had had visions of Little Miss J grabbing sharp carving implement, yelling "my Juliet do it" followed by crying and perhaps bleeding. With the help of Appah, Little Miss J directed which eyes, nose, mouth, ears, arms, etc. to use on her pumpkin.


Little Miss J seems really put out by the fact that our pumpkins are outside on the front patio. Every night she goes through the exercise of asserting possession over "my pumpkin" and carrying it inside. After she loses interest in "my pumpkin," I manage to sneak it back outside only to repeat the exercise the following day. As they say, possession is 9/10 of the law. The person that coined that phrase must have had toddlers in mind.

On a sidenote - as a promise to myself and to Little Miss J, I am leaving work at a reasonable hour tomorrow so we can have dinner with our neighbors and make the trick or treating rounds with the neighborhood kids.

No comments: