Friday, November 25, 2011

happy thanksgiving!

It is our first Thanksgiving in Arizona. When I called home late this morning to say hi to the family, I got a little homesick. Most of my family was either gathered in Duluth at my aunt's house or in Big Lake at my brother's house. I miss seeing all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, and nieces.

We did manage to have a lovely little Thanksgiving here though. This morning I ran the Turkey Trot in Mesa with my good friend, Suzanne. She's in town for Thanksgiving and I'm so thankful she comes to Phoenix often because otherwise I would miss her terribly. We had our Korean food early for lunch and then piled on the traditional Thanksgiving goodies later at an early dinner with some friends.

Our new friends also have babies born in 2010-2011, and all the babies had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Little Miss J ate all here vegetables - roasted carrots, potatoes, cauliflower, and even brussel sprouts! Her Papa Roger would be pleased to hear that. She had a bit of turkey and a few bites of pumpkin pie. Between dinner and dessert, the mommies took the babies for a quick stroll through the neighborhood. I do enjoy the temperate weather. Dessert was pumpkin pie, homemade vanilla frozen custard, and a delicious apple blackberry crumble. Good friends, good vino, and some delicious food. We were all stuffed to the gills and Little Miss J was so exhausted from playing with Thomas and Madeleine that she passed out in the car on the way home.

So much to be thankful for - mostly my perfect little family! So happy we got to spend the whole day together before Mr. Chunglund goes on a work binge. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: