Sunday, November 20, 2011

arizona balloon classic

Little Miss J and I headed to the Arizona Balloon Classic last night. We went to watch the "desert glow," which was described on the website as "a field full of illuminated, tethered, hot air balloons will glow in time to music." Sounds pretty cool, no? Unfortunately, either we missed the actual "glow[ing] in time to music" or it actually wasn't this impressive. We were a bit late due to the parking situation, which was a bit of a nightmare, and this is what we actually saw:

I do have a tendency to over exaggerate, but really there were only about 5 or less balloons, and I didn't hear any music unless you count the radio station DJ with which the balloons were not glowing in time. While I may have been a bit disappointed, Little Miss J seemed to be having a pretty good time! Don't worry that is actually her happy face.
Oh yes, and there were fireworks that I described to Gus as being 30% better than the ones my Dad lights off illegally at the cabin every 4th of July. We started the long trek back to our car as soon as the fireworks started and still hadn't arrived by the time they were over. Of course, it is always good to hang out with the other mommies, daddies, and babies - that part never disappoints - and I like to take Little Miss J to things even though it is probably more for me than her.

1 comment:

Wild Reed said...

When I saw the title I got all jealous because I think that sounds fun. But after reading it lessened my jealousy a bit.