Monday, June 27, 2011

parents

Mr. Chunglund's cousin, Monica, got us a subscription to Parents magazine as a gift. Here are the top four things I learned from the June 2011 issue.

1) All liquid acetaminophen products for kids under 12, such as Infants' and Children's Tylenol, will soon be offered in only one strength 160 mg/5 ml. As a rookie parent, I didn't even realize they came in two different concentrations. I just have been buying the one that said "infant" because well, that's what I have, an infant. So I've been using the more concentrated version (80 mg/1 ml). When figuring out the correct dosage, be sure to know which version you are using!

2) Fisher Price has developed an iPhone case for toddlers. I've downloaded a couple apps for Baby J to play around with when she starts having a meltdown in the car. One is baby piano - she touches the piano keys on the screen. Fisher Price's newest gadget will help protect your phone, while still amusing your kid. What seems especially nice is that the cover makes it so Baby J won't be able to touch the "home" key so she can't accidentally exit the app. While I don't really advocate for kids playing cell phone games while out to dinner with their families, at this age if I can prevent a meltdown I definitely will!


3) I'm also really liking the Go Anywhere Booster seat and hoping I can convince Mr. Chunglund that we should get one. I purchased a highchair seat cover from Etsy and that works pretty well in the standard wooden highchairs that many restaurants use. Recently, however, we were at a restaurant that only had a highchair that was way too big for Baby J and so we had to keep her in her car seat, which she hated and that meant that we had to take shifts eating dinner while the other one held her. Plus, with this you have control over how clean it is. We bought these disposable cleaning wipes and I am always wiping down shopping carts, highchairs, etc.


4) RECALL - Rhino Oball Links & Mini Rattles - I learned that one of the toys that we keep attached to Baby J's car seat has been recalled. It was a gift from someone so I don't have the receipt, but all you have to do is mail in the product to the specified address and receive a refund of $9 plus postage. I probably never would have known that this product had been recalled without having read it in this magazine.

Thank you to cousin Monica!

1 comment:

Wild Reed said...

Interesting stuff. Maybe I should subscribe!

We bought this booster seat: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Deluxe-Booster/dp/B0000DEW8N/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309364610&sr=8-1

It's awesome. It's probably not quite as easy to tote around as the one you mention, but it's fairly portable and we've brought it to my parents'/brother's houses, restaurants, etc. We use it at home too. Don't even use a high chair. Very easy to clean!!