Saturday, May 7, 2011

dear mom

Dear Mom,
I miss you each and every single day. It's my first Mother's Day as a mom and I wish you could see Baby J. Her middle name is "Jean," in honor of you. She was born on the anniversary of your death - October 9th. You would absolutely adore her. She's a smiley, happy, beautiful baby and I often tell her about you. I tell her how much you would have loved meeting her, holding her, hugging her. I tell her that you were the most wonderful mom. Baby J looks and acts so much like me that Gus often comments on how ridiculous it is. I love her more than I ever thought possible and I wish you were here to share in how wonderful she is.

Mom, I want to be like you. You were the best. I wonder what kind of advice you would give me as a parent. I'd like you to tell me how you did everything! I would like to be able to call you and share my joy or my frustration. I wish you would call me so I could tell you about how Baby J is rolling over and sitting up by herself. Just the other night I noticed her first two little teeth poking out of her pink little gums! She is amazing and I am so sorry you aren't here to see how beautiful she is. I tell her that you are her angel and that you are watching over her.

Mom, words cannot express how much I miss you and wish you were still with us. I hope you are proud of what I have become. I love you always. Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: