Friday, October 28, 2016

p-ART-y!


I love planning kids' birthday parties---perhaps maybe as much as Little Miss J loves her birthday. This year we did some last minute planning and decided on paint & sip in our backyard. Kids paint. Moms sip. Win Win!

I hired an instructor who based on the instruction "she likes rainbows and unicorns" designed a painting for us. I tried to go low-key and not go overboard on Pinterest-y ideas. I ordered a cake so I didn't have to stress about screwing it up. It was beautiful and delicious, and really really tall. I guess three layers actually meant six layers.



The instructor did everything, so the moms just sat back with some bubbly and chatted.





Thanks to everyone who helped make this little girl feel extra special on her birthday. An extra special thank you to my neighbor Peter for hauling umbrellas and shade tents to the backyard.

No comments: