Thursday, July 2, 2015

throwback thursday


This is one of my favorite photos. My first post-J1 triathlon. Unfortunately, it was also my last. I keep meaning to get back to it, but it just hadn't happened. This race happened right about the time I was really getting the hang of the mom thing and was starting to be able to balance work and me time with my parental duties. If you've kept up with this blog, you know that I struggled A LOT with this in the beginning and while it has gotten easier, it is a continual challenge. This day was probably not fast and it was probably not pretty, but as I headed out on the run Gus and Little Miss J (Baby J at the time) were there smiling and waving, and that made it a great race.

2 comments:

Scott, Nikki, Jacob and Nathan Sinclair said...

Such a great photo. Maybe we should head back for the Fairmont Tri someday? It wouldn't be pretty (me) but it would be fun. :)

Nina B said...

All I remember about Hall Lake, which was in my backyard, was that it was awfully green. Is it still like that? Not sure I want to swim in that. LOL.