Monday, July 27, 2015

swim swam swum

One of the best things about summer? SWIMMING! Last weekend we were in the pool nearly all. weekend. long. Saturday we headed to a retirement party for our dear friend, Ken. He's leaving the sheriff's department to stay at home and wrangle his two kids. Sounds like an even trade to me. Tacos, swimming, sangria/margaritas/beer, and karaoke. What a fun family party! Thank you for including us in your celebration.







Less than 24 hours later, we were headed right back to the pool for Ariel's 2nd birthday party. The kids had blast in the pool, which was deep enough for cannonballs but shallow enough to touch. Plus there was a lifeguard so I think even the parents relaxed just a bit. J2 is turning into a little fish just like his big sister - so happy bobbing around. I need to get the little guy into some swim lessons.





After that birthday party, I was both hangry and exhausted. Sleep won out and everyone took naps. I think J2 slept for nearly 4 hours. While the boys were napping, Little Miss J and I headed over to the neighbor's for more swimming and snow cones. 

Both Gus and I are feeling worn out from our jam packed weekend, but summer fun is what it is all about. We can sleep in the winter. Just keep the coffee coming this morning. 

No comments: