Thursday, April 2, 2015

let's get dirty!


I am certainly not the college athlete that I used to be. I have friends who are professional triathletes, marathon runners, etc. - ahem, you know who you are. I am not one of them. I'm a working girl, whose body has birthed two children and shows it, and tries to fit in most of my actual workouts at lunchtime - unless you count the miles of bike riding with the family and running after an 18 month old.

My good friend, Wendy, and I signed up for the Dirty Girl mud run. It's no Tough Mudder, but quite frankly, I'm OK with not electrocuting myself. There were plenty of cute little things dressed in shorty shorts, sparkles, and tutus. We were not among them. Nevertheless, these two thirtysomethings climbed walls, bounced down slides, avoided ankle breaking holes, jumped over FIRE!! and crawled through some mud. It was a short run with some fun obstacles. My knees are a bit scraped up and my shoes have been downgraded to dog walking shoes. Proceeds from the run support cancer research and there were several cancer survivors that participated, which is pretty cool because well, you know, cancer sucks. The best part? We had so. much. fun. 





Oh yeah, and the after brunch at Lowbrau didn't suck either!


No comments: