Monday, March 10, 2014

five months


 
Dear J2,
5 months old and you continue to be a ROCK STAR baby. I simply cannot get enough of your little face. Don't get me wrong. I am still tired. So. Very. Tired. But even when you are awake in the middle of the night, you are a relatively pleasant little munchkin and I can almost always coax a smile out of you to make myself feel better.
 
You can sit up (sort of), but you really have no interest in doing so. You also do not have that much interest in solid food or independent movement aka crawling. I can't really complain, since it has meant I don't have to go through the effort of baby proofing the house quite yet. Your favorite thing to do is bounce in your exersaucer. You will jump in that thing for hours and end up pretty hot and sweaty after a good session.
 
 
 
Some of my favorite times with you are when you are snuggled on my chest getting ready to fall asleep. I have learned to do many things while having a baby laying on me including, but not limited to, checking my phone, messing around on the iPad, and even knitting. It is so hard to put you down, even when I know there are things that should be done around the house. Thank goodness for your Halmoni, who keeps us fed and our house in fairly good order. It means less laundry and dishes for me and more Umma time for you.
 
There was an episode of Grey's Anatomy last season where Meredith orders Karev to hold her baby because it would calm him down and make him feel better. You, my little friend, are that baby. In the midst of your sister's incessant chatter and the overwhelming stress of the normal workday, when I get home I really need to just sit with you and stare at your little face. Because as Bad English once said ... when I see you smile, I can face the world. I can do anything.
 
Little Miss J loves you so much, but lately you seem less than enthused by her chokeholds hugs. The other day the pained look on your face was enough to make your Appah and I crack up. But please know, she really does mean well. She is a much better big sister than I ever thought she was going to be - so it could be worse. Really.
 
I finally got some pictures of you framed and on our wall so now it looks like you are officially a member of the family.
 


You bring so much joy to each and every day of our lives. We love you to the moon and back, little J2!

Love,
Umma

PS - one more picture for good measure.
 
so serious.
 
 

No comments: