Tuesday, March 11, 2014

baby, you're a firework


Dear Little Miss J,
 
With the arrival of J2, you have had to share the blog spotlight and to be quite honest I think you've gotten the short end of the stick. I do, however, want you to know what an amazing little human you are becoming. I am so very proud of you and you are and will always be my most favorite girl EVER.
 
Over the past two months you have really turned into a very pleasant little girl. You now seem to have command of enough words to adequately describe and convey every thing your little heart could possibly want, which thankfully mitigates the whining and crying to some extent. I have particularly enjoyed talking with you lately. You have become just rational enough so that I don't lose my mind, but maintain enough of the kid perspective to make me laugh. It's truly the perfect combination. You have finally learned to not cry when you lose at Candyland. Win or lose you have become a good sport and will shake hands with your opponent (who is almost always your Appah because I have convinced you that I don't know how to play Candyland) and say "good game." You also really like to play "uno dos tres," more commonly known as Uno.

We are still working on the "not talking to strangers" concept. I explained that strangers were typically people that we don't know and that you shouldn't talk to them unless Umma or Appah (or another trusted grownup) tells you it is OK. Unfortunately, you seem to think you "know" everyone. Perhaps I need a different approach.

You do like to be the center of attention. At children's sermon you always seem to be the first one to raise your hand for anything, and your typical answer (regardless of the question) is that you are (1) going to Disney on Ice (which you aren't) or (2) wearing a Hello Kitty shirt or new shoes (which you probably are). Either way, I applaud (and am probably even a little bit jealous of) your confidence and lack of self-consciousness.

Appah is teaching you how to read and the words you know so far include, but are not limited to, "cat" and "tree." You are able to recognize your letters and can "spell" out words on your flashcards, which I'm pretty impressed with. You don't miss a whole lot and you have an excellent memory (just like me). We mentioned that you could go to Disneyland when you are 4 years old, and you have continued to remind us by asking how old you have to be to go to Disneyland. At this point, if we don't take you to Disneyland for your birthday I ,ay be persona non grata in your book.

Yesterday, I took you to see your first musical. We saw Suessical. My mom, your Grandma Jean, used to take me to musicals, and it made me a little teary eyed thinking about her as we settled into our seats and waited for the show to start. I am lucky to be able to continue that mother/daughter tradition with you.

I do not have words to express how happy I am with the little person you are becoming. You are equal parts sweet and sassy and you light up my life to no end.

I love you forever and like you for always,

Your Umma
 

 
 
 

No comments: