Thursday, November 21, 2013

confessions of a christmas addict

I have a confession to make, since my neighbor outed me on Facebook anyhow. I put my Christmas tree up on Tuesday. Yes, before Thanksgiving. It just seemed like the reasonable thing to do since this was my last week of maternity leave and I had the time. It was that or watch more 24, and sometimes you just need a break from Jack Bauer. He's a bit intense.

I waited until Little Miss J came home so she could help decorate. She was so excited when she walked in and saw the tree all lit up. She ran into her room yelling, "I have to get my decorations." Grandma Amy had given her a ballerina ornament that Little Miss J says, "looks just like her on her tippy toes." The concept of only one ornament per branch was clearly lost on this three year old.


I discreetly rebalanced the ornaments the next day and she was none the wiser.


The finished product. Complete with Little Miss J's pink Hello Kitty tree, which I keep trying to convince her belongs in her room ... sigh. But as Little Miss J says, "My tree. It's so beautiful. Let's stand back and look."

No comments: