Tuesday, October 29, 2013

J1 is 3!

 


Dear Little Miss J,

Sorry for the belated birthday letter this year. With everything that has been going on, it was difficult finding the time to sit down and focus on the past year with you. You are still my favorite little girl and your non-stop chatter is both amazing and crazy making. Since you will only take a nap in the car these days, we tend to plan our errands and trips around an appropriate nap time for you. I often feel as though I am held hostage in the car by your napping schedule. Thank goodness for smart phones and Candy Crush. On a recent nap ride, you talked non-stop until you passed out, and an hour later woke up and started in jabbering right where you left off, as if you had never taken a break. Sometimes the silence of sitting at home with your baby brother is a welcome change from the incessant asking of "WHY?"

You are such a girly girl. You love dresses, princesses, ballet, Hello Kitty, sticker earrings and gymnastics. Appah is pretty happy J2 is here and he can see the light at the end of the tunnel - the tunnel being playing tea party, ballet teacher, and dancing. You are also such a good little helper. You like to help me cook and bake, and you help with the dishes and the laundry. Sometimes it actually makes the task more difficult, but I hate to discourage the "helping." You make me laugh (and want to cry) every. single. day. You know what you want and you want it instantaneously. You lack patience, which in part is not really even your fault. Both your Appah and I have no patience either so we figure it is genetic.

I am so proud of the big girl you are becoming. You are finally potty trained! Hallelujah!  You know how to spell your name and you are starting to be able to recognize letters and numbers. You are quite the little smarty pants and know how to work your Umma and Appah. When you are asked to do something you don't want to do, your typical response is ... "I have a deal ...," and we usually end up in a lengthy negotiation. You are quite the good listener - as long as it isn't one of your parents telling you to do something. But for the most part, you are a very good girl.

I am looking forward to all the amazing things you will do in your life. You truly make this world (and my life) a better place. While I could imagine a life without your whining, I can't imagine a day without your smiling face! I hope you will always know how much we love you and that we will support you in anyway possible. You are the best thing I have ever made and my proudest accomplishment.

love you to the moon and back,

your Umma







No comments: