Sunday, July 28, 2013

almost there

Gus thought it was a good idea to leave his 29 week pregnant wife alone with a rambunctious toddler for four days. Needless to say, I wasn't particularly pleased. I am huge, uncomfortable, waddling around, exhausted, and suffering from third tri insomnia. As much as I wanted to make it a fun mommy/daughter weekend, I was definitely dreading an entire weekend by myself in my current state. With some strategically planned activities including one of Little Miss J's (and my) favorite past times ... shopping! we seem to have managed. As I type this, I've got one morning and one bedtime left before Gus returns to his regularly scheduled father/husband duties.

On school/work days we let, Little Miss J watch one TV show so Gus and I can get ready. She, unfortunately, hasn't quite mastered the difference between weekday and weekend. On Saturday, after one television show, I was more than willing to let her watch some more to pass the time until gymnastics. But she got off the couch and dutifully turned off the television announcing that she was ready for school. Instead we took a walk to the local crepe place for some breakfast at 7:00 a.m. By the time we got back home, we still had about a half hour to kill before gymnastics but Little Miss J was ready so we went to the gym early. I managed to get a 20 minute nap out of her on the way home from gymnastics, but trying to extricate her from the carseat in my hugely pregnant state resulted in her waking up ... not to sleep again until bedtime that night. Instead, we headed to the pool. Lately, it's been Gus that has done most of the swimming, while I float around and laying on a pool chaise. Saturday, I did all the activities. Carried her through the water. Caught her as she jumped off the edge of the pool, while carefully trying to prevent toddler kicks to the baby bump (sorry Baby Wang II). We managed to get her to bed by 7:00 p.m. on Saturday night given the lack of napping.

Sunday morning, I awake to her yelling for Appah. When I went in there, she said, "I was calling Appah, not you." Tough luck, kid. It's Umma or nothing. Today's activities were a trip to Target and Barnes & Noble, where my little diva put on a show.



After the world's second shortest nap, we got dressed up and headed for a mommy/daughter photo shoot (photos to come). After photos, we managed some shopping where Little Miss J made out like quite the little bandit. I managed to get through the remainder of Sunday evening with the aid of an iPad and Facetime. Thank you Steve Jobs. Little Miss J insisted on carrying around my phone saying, "I hold Appah," and giving him a fashion show of her new clothes and a concert with her new microphone. She is now safely asleep, and I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: