Wednesday, April 3, 2013

what you've missed

Since keeping Baby Wang II a secret for the first trimester, I've got a backload of Facebook status updates. Here's what you've been missing.

1. Nothing like throwing up in the bathroom with your toddler cheering you on, “You did it!”

2. So I guess if you have to be sick during church, it’s nice that they pipe the service into the restroom.

3. Somehow, Little Miss J has the impression that girls cannot have baby boys. I keep trying to tell her I have a baby boy in my tummy and she says, “No, Appah has boy.” Oh honey, sometimes your umma also wishes your Appah had this boy.

4. Only when I’m pregnant could I possibly think that my grilled cheese is too cheesy.

5. Hopefully, you can grow humans by eating only Lucky Charms.

6. cannot. stop. throwing. up.

7. Being pregnant is not like being drunk/hungover. Throwing up does not actually provide any relief.

8. You know you’ve got a keeper when after two faint positives, your husband takes the third pregnancy test to serve as the control. And in case you were wondering, Gus is definitely not pregnant.

9. Baby Wang Chung II is a boy and we’ve at least got the letters of his name narrowed down. My pick is Jonah, while Gus’s pick is Johan. Gus tried to sell me on Johan by saying it was a good Scandinavian name. In which case he probably needs a good Scandinavian last name. So we can either have a Johan Berglund or a Jonah Chung, Gus’s choice.
 
10. This is either going to be LIttle Miss J's best or worst birthday so far. She's either going to think it's great she got a baby brother as a birthday present or feel ripped off that it's going to be all about me and baby on her birthday.



No comments: