Monday, April 8, 2013

exploring


The weather has been gorgeous and I have finally been feeling like I'm not going to puke 24/7 so we've been trying to get outside more and explore some new places. On Saturday, Little Miss J and I took a run/walk to meet Gus, who was getting his hair cut. Let's be honest. There was more walking than running. Little Miss J would tell me to "go fast to the corner," and I tried to oblige but I don't think she was impressed with my speed. Afterward, we headed to the Natural Foods Co-op for the first time together. Both Gus and I had been separately, but we thought we'd grab a bite to eat and look at some stuff. Little Miss J was insistent that she wanted a "big sandwich" until she saw the "big cookies." I was just happy that there was a real juice bar - the carrot, apple, lemon, ginger is delicious. For some reason, I thought that in California there would be more juice bars but there really isn't.

On Sunday, we decided to explore Davis, which is maybe 20 miles or so from our house. We strolled around downtown and had Indian food for lunch. Then we took Little Miss J to the park to run around. She's getting so big and we are *almost* at the point where I can sit on a bench and just watch her play rather than hauling her little butt up and down the slide.



After the park we stopped for a cupcake, which it would seem that Little Miss J mistook for ice cream because she licked all the frosting off both mine and hers, and then proclaimed herself, "all done!"


In typical form, Little Miss J was pretty upset when she realized that after cupcakes we were going home rather than back to the park.

No comments: