Sunday, November 25, 2012

run to feed the hungry


Last year I was turkey trotting with one of my besties, Suzanne. This year to preemptively work off some of those Thanksgiving calories, I signed up for Sacramento's Run to Feed the Hungry to benefit the Sacramento  Food Bank & Family Services. The course goes right by our house and a couple other families in our neighborhood do the run/walk.

If you remember the last 5K we did with Little Miss J it involved emergency diapers being fashioned out of free race t-shirts. You can refresh your memory here. One would have thought we would have learned our lesson. I hang my head in shame as I write this. Little Miss J apparently gets nervous tummy before a race, which is understandable, because shortly before the gun went off she tells me "poopy diaper." Thankfully, our across the street neighbors were able to donate a diaper and some wipes.

With clean pants, Little Miss J was ready to run (or walk). She was not really about the stroller riding thing, and managed to make it one whole mile on those chubby little legs. It was a crisp autumn morning and the neighborhood looked beautiful with all the fall colors. We cut out of the race where it went by our street, as Little Miss J had clearly had enough. I had been bribing her with sticks, leaves, and water bottles for the last mile. It was the perfect way to spend Thanksgiving morning and we are thankful for all our new friends.


1 comment:

Wild Reed said...

Hilarious. Poopy diapers before every race. Love it.