Monday, September 24, 2012

endeavour

To be honest, I wasn't that excited about seeing the space shuttle and really only went to look at it because I was a follower. I kind of thought it was going to be one of those things where it would be so far away that I would barely be able to make it out and then have to feign enthusiasm when in reality I wouldn't have been able to distinguish it from a really big bird. Kind of like the whole Halley's Comet incident back in second grade. While it is exciting that I can tell people that I "saw" the comet, as I recall it didn't look like much. Or when I couldn't tell Baby J's head from her foot on the ultrasound. The whole thing just looked sort of alien-ish.

Space Shuttle Endeavour, however, turned out to be a completely different experience. It flew super close to our building and I was able to see the shuttle just chilling on top of plane. Here's some photos that someone from our office took - pretty cool stuff.


Little Miss J also saw the shuttle at daycare. When I picked her up after work I asked her if she saw the shuttle and she said, "yes." Gus then asked her if she saw Jesus, and she replied in the affirmative to that as well. While that may be true, I think her shuttle sighting is going to end up being analogous to my Halley's Comet experience.

No comments: