Friday, April 13, 2012

almost there

It is almost the weekend - and by "almost" I mean that mere hours stand between me and this weekend. This has been a particularly tough work week for me. I am juggling projects in Arizona and California and being away for a week at a time makes the return week pretty hectic trying to get caught up and keep everything straightened out. Earlier in the week, I didn't think I was going to make it, but Friday is finally here. Amen. Today I decided to treat myself to a walk across the bridge and a leisurely lunch outside at Romancing the Bean - BLT on multi-grain, cup of gazpacho, raspberry iced tea, and the most delicious peanut butter chocolate chip cookie for dessert.

The best part of my week? Being able to carpool to work with Gus for the past three days. It gives us probably an extra hour of time together to chat and catch up. It also means that I get to both drop off and pick up Little Miss J from daycare, giving me an extra few moments to enjoy my little girl. After work, it means that I sometimes have time to workout before Gus arrives to pick me up and when we get home the whole family (Carl Rove included, of course) can go outside together for a little playtime. Little Miss J loves a quick ride on the swing or down the slide before dinner. Having just a little more time to spend with my family definitely leaves me more centered and relaxed.

I love my family.

No comments: