Wednesday, January 25, 2012

jenn's trip

Jenn captured all the highlights of her trip here. So I will just fill in with a few lessons learned - mostly food related.
  1. Tammie Coe's sugar cookies are really THE BEST.
  2. Joe's Farm Grill is the sister restaurant of Joe's Real BBQ. Therefore, if you've already had the BBQ, you don't have to order it at the Farm Grill. Gus was pretty happy about this because it helped him with the difficult decision of narrowing down his dinner selection. Oh, and their ahi tuna sandwich is BOMB.
  3. Little Miss J probably needs a sibling. She had such a good time playing with Jenn's daughter, Victoria. 
  4. Little Miss J will probably be jealous of above mentioned sibling. If I was holding Victoria, Little Miss J also wanted to be picked up. I got a chance to experience balancing two toddlers on my hip.
  5. If you cut your toddler's food on the same plate that also has spicy Chinese food, you might burn her little face off. Poor Victoria! The Chinese food was delicious though.
  6. Strawberry balsamic gelato with chocolate olive oil ... OMG. So good. Try it. 
  7. Earl Grey, vanilla syrup, and steamed milk = perfect afternoon treat.
  8. Jenn likes bruschetta - and by likes I mean LOVES.
  9. Our pack and play is of substandard size. I was worried that Victoria wouldn't fit in it, so I had to experiment with Little Miss J - who barely fits ... diagonally.
  10. Despite the distance, Jenn and I have remained close friends. I am so happy that she and Victoria were able to come visit us. We both have embraced motherhood and can't seem to ever get enough time with our little girls. I hope they will have many opportunities to play with each other.

No comments: