Thursday, December 22, 2011

thank me later

In my opinion, one of the biggest let downs in life is opening up the best Christmas present ever - the one you wished for, the one thing that made you think twice about writing on the wall with your red crayon - only to have your dad tell you that "we aren't going to open that right now" or "let me figure out how this thing works." This is why I have taken the liberty of assembling (it didn't take much work) Little Miss J's big present prior to wrapping it. This way she can open it up and start playing with it immediately. She won't have to pretend to wait patiently while thinking that her head might explode if she doesn't get to play with that super cool toy right now.

Little Miss J, I have saved you at the v. least, several minutes (which in toddler time is probably hours) of agony having to watch your dad reading directions and fumbling with the air pump. You can thank me later.
Love, Mommy

1 comment:

rach said...

that's too funny. i dont know how many tearful gifting celebrations we've had where we gift an awesome present, which screams to the child: "play with me now!". Only to totally destroy their excitement because the gift is locked up in a fort-knox designed container and takes too many brain cells (killed by the craziness of pre-christmas) to assemble!