Sunday, August 28, 2011

make new friends

Over the past month, I've met some great moms through Meetup groups. I left a fantastic group in Duluth and while it took a little while to find some women that I could connect with in the Phoenix area, I think I've finally found some great women. I'm one of the only worker bees, so I don't get to do all the fun stuff during the week, but I've managed to attend a couple mom-only get togethers, as well as several play dates.

Stephanie, one of the moms, invited us to her daughter Madeline's first birthday party on Saturday. For an activity, she had a Kindermusik teacher come and teach a class. While most of the babies sat nicely with their respective moms or dads, Baby J, being the adventurous little one that she is, crawled around taking other children's toys, sat by the teacher, or posed in the middle of the circle and basked in all of the attention. She's really got one heck of a personality on her!

I tried to take Baby J away from some of the action to get some photos, but she's more interested in eating the camera rather than posing for it - so we got some close up shots.



It feels good to finally be making some new friends. Let's just hope they still want to be friends after Baby J steals all the toys.

No comments: