Saturday, March 26, 2011

take a hike

Last week we all took a hike at South Mountain Park. It's a desert mountain preserve in South Phoenix. Baby J was pretty happy in the Ergobaby. She even fell asleep for the last little bit. The weather was in the 70s, just perfect - not too hot and not too cold. I think maybe I should have put shoes or something on Baby J's feet just in case she had the notion to kick a cactus or something. Carl is still getting used to the desert. Mr. Chunglund spent most of the hike trying to make sure that he didn't stick his face in a cactus. For me the desert seemed cleaner than the Minnesota woods. No water to make it muddy and no bugs to speak of. I've never been particularly enamored with the southwestern landscape, but I think I might grow to love it. Hiking and mountain biking are pretty popular activities amongst my new coworkers so I think we'll get plenty of recommendations on where to go next.

No comments: