Wednesday, October 30, 2019

fall fun

It finally feels like fall, i.e., I'm freezing every morning now. So let's recap on all the "autumnal" fun we had when it was like 85 degrees out. This year we managed a pumpkin patch AND Apple Hill with the whole family. The last few years, it's been just me and the kids or we've skipped altogether due to being too busy.

We started at Boa Vista Orchards by accident because I thought it was the place I took the kids last year. It was not. This is not a you-pick orchard, it is very crowded because it is right off the main road. However, if you like crafty stuff and lots of apple-related product, it is the place for you.



So then, thankfully, Tana answered my text and told me that it was Delfino Farms, which was nearby and we headed that way. Delfino is quiet and lovely. They have hard cider and these amazing little creations called the walking apple pie. I'm not entirely sure why Gus did not get ice cream with ours, but you should definitely get the ice cream.




Delfino is also not a you-pick orchard, and therefore we had to make a third stop. Denver Dan's. Where we picked so many apples that we still have them in our fridge, and despite this fact, Gus went to the grocery store and bought apples for whatever reason. Anyway, this place is the best. The people that work there are so nice. My kids loved running around and reading the signs so they knew what kind they were picking. To be fair, we may or may not have picked our apples based purely on name and not on description.




We also managed a trip to Fog Willow pumpkin farm. J1 had her 5th birthday there, after which they gave her a free membership, that we have never used until now. And really, the only reason we went was because J2 had a birthday party to attend.




We're still balls deep, literally, in soccer. Fall is not over ... but I feel I have now met my parental obligation.












No comments: