Tuesday, January 17, 2017

the luckiest

For a couple people I know, this was their wedding song. And I know others that simply can't seem to hang with Ben Folds. But regardless of where you fall on that spectrum, it is impossible to deny that this girl is the luckiest. And there is nothing like another trip around the sun to make me feel so grateful for all the wonderful people in my life both near and far.

In spite of being busy at work, Gus managed to pull off a lovely birthday dinner---paella, Iron Horse sparkling, and my favorite cake from Freeport Bakery. Also, for the record, this is Carl Rove's favorite cake as he scarfed the leftover piece from the fridge one year---much to my utter dismay.



happy 9th birthday to me!
When I arrived home, I was greeted by J2 with "Happy Birthday mommy. We blow candles together?" So we did. And he has continued to insist that it is "our" birthday.


And the flowers ... oh, the flowers. From my dear friend, Wendy, my parents, and the littlest love of my life, J2.




A wet and windy birthday run with a couple of friends. My co-worker brought me a mocha. And a couple of my girlfriends picked me up and whisked me off to lunch on my birthday.

Rounded out birthday week with another birthday run ... this time with doughnuts, mimosas and champagne cupcakes. Thanks to my sole sisters for celebrating me! 4.0 miles. We did an extra 0.1 for good measure.





Thank you to everyone near and far who celebrated with me this past week. Each and every one of you holds a special place in my heart. I am the luckiest.


No comments: