Friday, February 5, 2016

frozen


Nearly five years after we defected from Minnesota and declared sanctuary first in Phoenix and now in northern California, we were set to return for a weekend in January. I grew up in northern Minnesota. Where you plugged your car in at night so it would start in the morning, and your dad would wake you up before he left for work reminding you that the roads were icy and to drive safely. And yet, I couldn't dig deep enough to channel my inner Elsa and embrace the "heatwave" that was all of 21 degrees Fahrenheit. While locals were praising the above zero temps, I was struggling even with hand warmers in the pockets of my dress.


This, of course, is not to say that we didn't have fun. We saw friends and family, watched two cultures come together to celebrate the marriage of a wonderful couple, and ate my FAVORITE pizza EVER. I did all this in between freezing my face off, re-learning how to navigate ice and snow in high heels, and trying to remember how to get on I-94.

back together with S!

where's the beef?

The Js spent the weekend with their uncle David, and apparently, had so much fun that Little Miss J asked me, "Can I live here?"


It was a quick, jam packed trip. It was not really relaxing, but it was most certainly fun. Since we've been home, I've spent two nights in Riverside, one in Oakland, and will spend another three nights in Riverside next week. The fun never stops. Here's to next time Minneapolis ... next time being in March when I spend a whole 4 days with some of my favorite women on the planet! 

No comments: